11/1/11
Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
I just finished reading the book Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan. The same passage from last time is the same one that is key in this book. It was on page 14. '' That Griffin's the sort of guy you'd like to kill''. That passage shows how suspenseful this book would be and it is so far.
I used 2 before reading strategies such as predicting, and looking at the text features. I also used two during reading strategies which were looking for bold or italicized words, and reading slowly to understand the words. The 2 after reading strategies were checking my prediction, and making another prediction of what the 2nd book in the series will be about.
The genre of this book is mystery which is a sub genre of fiction. The main characters in this story are Susan, Betsy, Mark Kinney, Dave, and Mr. Griffin. The setting takes place in the 21 century in a school called Del Norte High. At the end of the rising action and throughout the exposition, the main characters thought of ways to kill Mr. Griffin. At the end there is a twist which I want you to find out yourself. I think that that idea is insane, so did Susan. The conflict in this story is how they are going to kidnap their teacher without him noticing it is them. The tone is surprising because the characters make decisions you wouldn't think of making. The mood is heart-stopping because the book moves by fast in every scene. The theme in the story is suspense because you are always anxious to see what will happen next. The moral in the story is to never commit a crime. If I tell you more you might find out what the twist is in the book. The point of view in the story is 2nd person. The pattern of organization is chronological order. The author's purpose is to entertain you with a very suspensful backround. The author is not biased towards anything in the bo So far I think this book is my type. If I was in Marks shoes I'd slap myself in the face thinking what I was thinking. Murdering a teacher. I would recommend this book to my whole class for its action.
I would rate this book so far an 8 out of 10 for I liked it, but didn't finish it yet and do not know what will happen.
Sincerley,
Isaac Paley
Dear Isaac,
ReplyDeleteYour Readers Journal was great. I just have a few questions.
First, what was the P.O.O.? Also what would you do in the main characters shoes? Lastly, what was your favorite part?
Sincerely,
Mikey